02 September 2011

"Joy" Mumbai 2011

"Joy" :: 2 Mumbai 2011

Such pleasure to shoot kids, especially when they are all ganged up. Alone, they could be a bit shy, but together - what a lovely joyful group.

This one is a bit high key shot, not intended really. I am learning shooting in fully manual mode and am still to get over my habit of not checking the exposure meter. In the end, I like it... this way
Exposure0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length22 mm
ISO Speed200
Exposure Bias0 EV

Will love to hear your comments, brickbats, pats.. thats my only joy!


11 comments:

Shas said...

Joyful, indeed. Their beaming faces says it all. Lovely shot.

Zephyr said...

Miss those Mumbai kids. Such a heterogeneous group and all so happy!

theothersideofme said...

Lovely pictures..you captured their smile and joy :):)...

Kaushal said...

Hey Mayank I really like this shot!  Any shot which draws an emotion in me is a successful one IMO.  This one immediately made me smile:) Was this from the morning shoot? If yes I gotta say i didn't think the shot would turn out so well. Look forward to seeing more.

mayankpandey said...

oh yeah it is from the same shoot. It was a bit flat, over exposed. I had to correct the exposure, and bumped up contrast. Added a bit of grain too :-) But then its the expressions of the kids that made it work. 

mayankpandey said...

yaaa.. a bit of star in all of them. 

mayankpandey said...

thanks. 

Cloudninetalks said...

Look at the innocence in the faces! Beautiful capture, Mayank!

PK Talli said...

mayank!! thanks a bunch for such a lovely shot :)
~Chintan

mayankpandey said...

thank you! good to see you regularly C

Krunal Palande said...

And what a wonderful shot!!! Kids are a real fun when it comes to photography.