09 August 2011

Post Cards from Goa

Simply put... Goa is fantastic. Here are some images from my last trip. As usual , I derive greater pleasure bringing sights, a bit unusual and unseen. Hope you enjoy - things I loved about Goa.

Vibrant & rich colors. On the streets - doors, windows everywhere and very much in the sky too.
Drama unfolds
The drama in the sky holding attention of evening beach strollers
free
Goa and freedom - there is a strong link
Indigo glory
Blues, Reds, Yellows - vibrant colors on streets

Caricatures, Graffiti - all reflective of a lives full of life
Mario's World
Mario's Murals - Goa and its people
only style matters
Messages - all very relevant
journey
Indian Travellers

Quaint Architecture, interesting stories from past
glory in antiquity
Alavers 250 yr old mansion
Doors within doors
That's a restaurant - yes you read it right
shadows, light and life
A Resort in South Goa


And those tranquil beaches, always a pleasure 
wonder years
Sun and Sand - fun for all age group
lonesome..
Lonesome with nature
Hope you like the photographs. Do share your stories from Goa.

20 comments:

zephyr said...

How lovely! Goa is one destination I have not been to. Loved the second one best. Most evocative. And the last...Is it the same person?

zephyr said...

And oh, Mario! Thanks for bringing his work back in focus.

mayankpandey said...

Yes Z. the lady of the house herself. :-)

Saru Singhal said...

Your work is amazing...

Chintan Gupta said...

What class Mayank! I loved the purple one....speechless about that photo :)

NR | ExP said...

Incredible series! Simply superb photography.  My favorites are the 2nd and 3rd photo, outstanding composition and colors. The architecture series is also done very well, with the sepia tones.. Well done mate!

magiceye said...

brilliant captures all!

mayankpandey said...

thanks Magic Eye. 

mayankpandey said...

thank you very much. The series / project work always seem to work better than individual photographs. Appreciate your feedback. I wud agree 2nd and 3rd are probably the best of the series.

mayankpandey said...

thank you Chintan. Good to see you back. I hope you will like coming back again.

mayankpandey said...

Saru - thanks for dropping by. First visit I think. Do you blog too. It would be pleasure to see your work too.

Fragile prints said...

Lovely, Loved the freedom picture the most.! Thanks for sharing..!

mayankpandey said...

Fragile prints - thank you. Am super impressed by your mission and how you use photography to support the cause. Very noble indeed.

Meg said...

beautiful! I'm totally awestruck. My favorite is the one of the restaurant with the woman with a hand to her head. Even though technically it's meant to be an architecture shot, for me it is very evocative! without knowing the context of her gesture, it lends a certain air of mystery..

mayankpandey said...

Thanks Maghana. I sure was missing hearing from you. I was standing on a chair to take that shot from top angle to cut out the people. She just managed to stay in the frame - for good reason. I didnt crop her since it leads to a bit of tension in the frame.

zephyr said...

She certainly is very happy in the second one!  You have caught her in real flight :D

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

mayankpandey said...

Hi Kalyan - thanks.

Meg Bha said...

I can certainly see the effort that went into creating that image. Also forgot to mention that I LOVE the vintage tones (that's easy to guess with me) in the image of the little kid playing in the sand (is he your son?) 

mayankpandey said...

Yep, thats my son. :-)