17 July 2011

Watchfull Buddha

War (n) Dance under watchful eyes of Buddha
Martial Arts or Dance ?

A lifetime is not enough to see my country. Incredible India it is indeed.. from whichever perspective you look at it. during a recent trip to Delhi, I was lucky to witness these performers from Manipur ( I think) performing a dance form. They colorful mural of Buddha was the perfect backdrop. Delhi is culturally so much very vibrant compared to Mumbai.

Follow me on
Tumblrog|my twits|My blog
© Mayank Pandey -  Some Rights Reserved

10 comments:

Cloudninetalks said...

Awesome Buddha! I love the play of colors and the dancers in black form a beautiful contrast to the yellow shades of the background. Beautiful!

mayankpandey said...

Cloudnine - thanks. Great to hear your feedback so promptly. I am about to
wind up a long sunday and can sleep with smile. :-)

joshi daniel said...

nice motion and colors!

Snow Leopard said...

Nice capture. The blur betrays the fast twirling motion of the dancers

Mayank Pandey said...

thanks prateek. i am told i should try use slow syncg flash for motion blur. glad you like it.

MayankPandey said...

Thanks sir. always a pleasure.

Zephyr said...

Delhi being the capital has the advantage of hosting many cultural events. You haven't written where this pic was taken.

mayankpandey said...

Z, this was taken actually in Gurgaon, Kingdom of Dreams

Sneha said...

this is an amazing pic.... :-)

mayankpandey said...

Thank you Sneha