20 May 2011

Empty street - fort Mumbai

Off to work - Mumbai street post rain

Today I discovered this photograph which i had taken last year in June, 2010. This was early days of my discovering photography and was shot during a photo walk organized by MWS - Mumbai Weekend Shoots.



This is shot in Fort Area and much like this street, most of the South Mumbai is a architects / photographers delight. Majestic Buildings from bygone era - now fighting for survival.

Over the years i have shared a love and hate relationship with Monsoons. After completing college, struggling to reach office on time on public transport was a pain. It was similar even when I lived in Andheri - the most populous suburb of Mumbai. But if you are not saddled with the task of coping up with traffic, rains just wash the dirt and grime and am sure some sins too. The city looks fresh and there is lot of action to be caught on streets for any photographer. I am looking forward to rains like no other time, and hope to bring to you more showers in coming weeks. Enjoy this one from last season till then.

12 comments:

Meg said...

This is one of the most beautiful images I have seen of Bombay. This is how I imagine the city would have been some 50 years ago.  And I'm waiting for the monsoons like no other season too, just for photography :)

Zephyr said...

'Empty street in Fort' is an oxymoron, but you managed it! What time was the shot taken?

mayankpandey said...

Zephyr - sunday 630 am I think. You can imagine there wouldnt be a soul on streets out there then. Its feels great to see Mumbai at these hours..  

mayankpandey said...

Dhaami - Monsoons are really good for photographers. I already have frames
made up in my mind. Look forward to seeing some of your work too in rains.

Purba said...

Rains fill you with a sense of exhilaration but not when you are caught in a nasty jam.

mayankpandey said...

I like the disclaimer. Imagine being caught in rains with a camera.. not bad
ehh! I am gonna try it this time.

Devilzangel said...

pretty gud ya :D

mayankpandey said...

Thanks you ya!! Do come back.

Liya said...

 Hi Mayank, thanks for dropping by my blog! I love this photo of a street in Mumbai, great angle and perfect black and white effect. Brilliantly done.

mayankpandey said...

Liya - I seem to have forgotten which is your blog. Could you please share the link again. 

Shas said...

Amazing shot. The black n white effect almost makes me imagine the rain there. Do upload more shots featuring rain.

mayankpandey said...

Am as eager to shoot rains this time. Last year i was just too worried about my expensive camera. i am sure i can do better this time.