31 October 2010

I have always liked the word Déjà vu... I kind of like the sound, the curl of lips


Wiki explains this as meaning "already seen" is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the recent past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud calls "the uncanny."

I have no reason to believe i am different, but i have always felt this eery sense of Deja vu, more often than i have heard others mention it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i am an Aquarian.. we are supposed to dreamers, and who knows when the boundaries of  reality and dreams dissolve. Deja vu to me is something which i think dwells somewhere on this edge, its real but it feels as if you are living through a dream which you already experienced. 

There are interesting ways this phenomenon has been used in "The Matrix, Keanu Reeves's character, Neo, learns that déjà vu is a "glitch" that occurs when the enemy machines alter an aspect of the Matrix, a digital reality in which all the inhabitants believe that they are living in the real world. This is seen when the protagonist, Neo, sees a black cat walk by twice". I believe it also finds mention in famous work "Catch 22", though i have not read this. Something i need to do very soon.

To end this post, here is a short poem i wrote years back 

Those words warm, once again,
The feelings, i guess, are very much the same.
Nothing has changed, as we meet up again
\I jabber, i laugh, i pull ur leg
I curse time, just the same way
I enjoy u every moment
and realise how lucky i am.
\i wish i had met u earlier
then think, its better late than never.
\Want to reach out to u, hold u, thank u
For being my best friend, and JUST as nice
When we met the LAST TIME.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm admiring the webmaster, nice job on the design. Looks like your site can handle heavy traffic.
There's a lot of stupidity in this world. Should we fight it or just let it take of itself?
I blog about pretty important issues, but my blog has recently been suspended, any ideas why?
I'm a little bit eccentric, and sometimes my comments get removed. I just want to add some spark.

'Tis better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.