27 October 2015

Happiness - is it a state of mind, a place or....


If Happiness is a place ... it has to be Bhutan. A small country in Himalayas , east of India.

Read about this Himalayan kingdom on wiki

With this post, I attempt to revive this blog. Well the intentions is to really come back to this blog and treat it as a journal of significant updates about my photography and street photography in general.

Over last 2 years (almost), i am sure the blog has suffered and would have lost following, however, its never too late for anything.

The post is about people from Bhutan and as is customary in Bhutan, let me begin with very handsome king and beautiful queen of Bhutan. Bhutanese are good looking folks, as you will also notice in the photographs.



Local - many are almost always engrossed in prayers

A young Monk.
Buddhist Nun - Shot in a nunnery in Thimpu. She laughed and told me she is not good looking with so many wrinkles. 

This post is after months. And I know photo-street deserves more. I also think its time, I collaborate with fellow photographers, that is probably the only way i will be able to do justice to the readers and to this blog. 

Share your feedback - the brickbats as well. And do drop in a message if you would like to use this space to share your views on photography.



6 comments:

zephyr said...

As awesome as ever, Mayank. I am glad you have started posting your creations again. I loved both old man praying and the young monk. One has his mind's eye fixed on the beyond and the other is striving to reach there. Great pics!

mayankpandey said...

i am so irregular, that i didn't even notice this. how have you been Z.

App Developers Gurgaon said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

wildflower said...

Wow! U have captured the souk of Bhutan in your pictures!

mayankpandey said...

thanks

Datta Vyas said...

Pandy sir , you are realy Hero and good man. I give you thaks